Get the MetaMask Extension on your device
If you are an ETH trader, you might have heard about MetaMask once in a while because it is a prominent name in the crypto industry among digital wallets which is specially designed to hold ETH and ETH-based tokens such as ERC-20.
If you are involved in the crypto industry and not familiar with MetaMask, you are missing a gem. Yes! Let me elaborate on it so that you can get an overview of its workings and functionalities.
Metamask Wallet is an Ethereum wallet which serves as a bridge to exploring the decentralized web. If you are a developer and want to create a Dapp on the ETH blockchain, this platform can be your get-go by providing the facility to create Dapp as well as offering the service to hold your purchased crypto coins with sophisticated encryption.
Well! This blog post is specially crafted to present the method of downloading it on your device if you are a PC user. So, let’s dive into the depth of the details to begin your journey with the MetaMask extension.
Learn the way to install the MetaMask extension
If you are a newcomer and wanted to opt for MetaMask, let me tell you, it is available as a MetaMask extension for numerous browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox, and Brave. Plus, you can download it as a mobile application as well for both iOS and Android.
Steps to install it for Chrome browser:
- First of all, go to the official website, and click the “Download” button.
- Locate the “Chrome” option, and hit it.
- Now, press the button “Install MetaMask for Chrome” to proceed further.
- It will land you on the downloading page, where you should choose “Add to Chrome”.
- You will get the pop-up to confirm the installation, press “Add Extension”.
That’s it, now MetaMask extension will be added to your device automatically, you can open it and proceed further to begin its usage by choosing “Get started” and following the upcoming prompts to create a wallet.
Steps to install it for Firefox browser:
- Click the “Download” button available on the home page of the official website.
- Look for the Firefox browser icon on the following webpage.
- Hit that symbol, and you will land up on the MetaMask add-on page.
- Press “Add to Firefox” > “Add” to finalize the process.
This way, you will be able to get the MetaMask Extension on your device as a Firefox add-on.
Steps to install it for Opera browser:
- Go to the official website and hit “Download”.
- Look for the “Opera” browser icon and click it.
- It will open the page from where you can download the Opera plugins.
- Hit the button “Add to Opera” available on that page.
- Click “Add” that you will see in the prompted pop-up and the Opera MetaMask extension will get installed on your device.
Steps to install it for Edge browser:
- Go to the official website of MetaMask and hit “Download”.
- Look for the “Edge” browser icon and press it.
- It will open the page from where you can add the add-ons available on the Edge browser.
- On the following page, you will see the MetaMask add-on.
- Click on the slider you will see in front of the MetaMask icon to add MetaMask.
After this, you will be able to use MetaMask on your device just by creating the MetaMask wallet.
Steps to install it for Brave browser:
- Same as previous methods hit the “Download” button first.
- Locate the “Brave” browser icon, and press it.
- Now you will find yourself on the webpage of Brave, from where you can get the MetaMask.
- To do so, press the “Add to Brave” option and you will get a notification after the installation of the MetaMask Extension.
Now, you can create a wallet and login into it to begin the usage of all of the MetaMask functionalities.
To conclude, the MetaMask extension is supported by several browsers and the process of installation is not so difficult even if you’re a novice user. After downloading it you can avail of all of its exclusive functionalities such that you can buy, sell, store and swap digital assets with sophisticated encryption.